We all have our quirks that set us apart from everyone else. It’s what makes the world interesting. How dull would life be if we all had the same likes/dislikes, idiosyncrasies and habits? If I share some of my weirdness, you have to promise to let me know one of yours? Fair deal? Cool. Let’s begin:
- When watching TV I’m too lazy to put in a movie, preferring to channel-surf instead. And when I happen to find a Harry Potter flick, or LOTR, “SCORE!” I feel like I’ve hit the jackpot. Sure, there might only be fifteen minutes left in the whole movie, but you bet I’m gonna sit and watch til the end.
- I drink a lot of coffee. Well, I happen to think four cups a day is a lot. But I can’t just fix a cup and take it to my desk. I need to nuke it an additional twenty seconds in the microwave. I can’t claim this one is unique, as my sister does it too. Maybe it’s a Littlefield thing…
- Okay, while we’re on the subject of food (coffee is food!), I’m not so rigid that I can’t have my food touch. But I do have to eat each item separately before I can move on to the next type of food on my plate. Again, not entirely unique, just… different.
- When I read, I have to go back and forth between my kindle and paper books. Like they have feelings or something, and I need to give everyone enough love and respect. This also goes for subgenres. If I finish a contemporary romance, I move on to historical, or paranormal, never reading the same type two books in a row. Doesn’t feel weird to me. Anyone else do this?
- This is the one that will have you nodding at each other and giggling behind your hands. It’s okay, I can’t see you. I need a sleep mask AND a noise machine on in order to sleep at night. I even bring them with me when we go on vacation. I take my sleep seriously. Yeah, I doubt anyone can cop to doing this one.
Remember… you promised to share your own freaky habits with me. Don’t hold out on me now. Dish!